About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, January 24, 2022

Health Update

 This morning early I walked into the TV room/Dear One's office.  He glanced up from his computer and said, "You look bad."  I thanked him and told him I FELT bad!  I have been doing the chemo cream treatment on my other cheek.  I have been doing it for ten days of the prescribed fourteen days but I JUST CANNOT GO ON with the treatment.

When I got my act together enough, I went to the doctor's office so see if I could just sneak in, have him look at the cheek, write out the prescription for the healing ointment and then get out of there.  Well!! That was not going to happen though he did have an appointment about 2 hours later.  Which I showed up for!

This year he was kind enough not to laugh when he saw the damage to my skin that chemo cream had made.  He did tell me I should be happy because "it worked".  He also told me that I am an over-achiever and when we do this again in two or three years (NEVER is about as soon as I would be willing to do it.  At least right now...) instead of treating for 14 days we will do 5-7 days.

When I woke up two days ago and found there were yellow patches on my skin in multiple places I immediately thought that the skin had been worn off down to the fat. I still am of that mind.  Very nasty stuff.  It would have been a good idea to wear a hat with a wide brim all these years even if it did make me feel and look silly...!


This picture has absolutely nothing to do with the chemo cream treatment but I thought it looked beautiful.  Especially since that was the extent of ice we ourselves had.  This was on our back deck.

To finish up the story of the nasty treatment,  as soon as I returned home from the appointment and the pharmacy you may be certain that I immediately took the antibiotic pills and applied the antibiotic ointment for the first time.  I will be RIGID about taking those!  The doctor said I should be feeling better soon.  That is something I would like to count on.  I need to be able to sleep again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: