About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Fun Stuff: Jewelry Making

 Years ago our daughter made me some French ear wires to use for making earrings.  I made a pair that I really loved.  About three weeks ago one of those earrings was lost.  I thought it happened when I took a nap with my earrings on.  Nope.  Could not find that lost treasure anywhere in the bedroom, bathroom, workroom, no place at home.

Fast forward to today.  We are having Book Group at our house.  We read Indigo Girl.  It was suggested that if we had a favorite blue treat, that would be the thing to bring to share.  I had decided to make blue punch: Gallon Blue Hawaiian Punch, 2 liters 7-Up, 12-ounce can frozen lemonade made up.

AND I thought I should make some blue earrings!  I did not have any blue beads. I also did not have a crimper tool that I needed to use to make stitch markers...so off to Michaels I went.

This is what I made:


You will notice that I used split rings instead of jump rings to put things together.  It works but is not great.

AND THE BEST NEWS:  when I was putting the packages in the car after shopping the sun was shining brightly into the car and there on the floor hooked to the foot mat in the back seat was the red earring!  The lost is found!  This makes me so happy.

Immediately upon finding it, I put it in my ear.  (I did not have earrings in even though some people I know and love dearly have told me I should not leave my room in the morning without being duded up...I am not at all high maintenance even though some people suggest that it would be a good thing.  Maybe some day.  Well, now I have blue earrings...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: