About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Knitting Woes!

 The last few months I have worked on several small knitting projects.  One of the projects is some darling potpourri bags.  In the last two weeks I have now THREE TIMES cut the yarn before finishing the bind off!  I cannot believe it.  These are really not mindless knitting projects but I seem to space out.



You can see where I had to tie on some more yarn to finish the bind off.  This is, of course, the inside of the bag.  When the whole project is done, I will take a picture.  Except for this glitch, I am pretty happy with these little guys.  My first designed knitting pattern.

The way I knit these little bags is to cast on onto one Chiaogoo circular needle then pick up and increase with a second Chiaogoo circular needle.  The bag is then on two needles so I knit down one side of the tube then knit the other side with the second needle.... It is really like knitting socks on two circular needles.

WELL the problem has been that I get to the end of one circular needle and just merrily cut the yarn, pull it tight and get ready to weave in the ends.  Rats!  So very annoyed with myself and today I did it for the third time.  It may be about the end of the little potpourri bag project!

When I am done I will publish the pattern here in case anyone else wants to knit them.  They really are pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: