About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lesson Learned From Yesterday

So, still on the healthy-eating kick today even after yesterday's disaster, I decided to try again with the apple/oatmeal.  This time I put the water into the pan along with the two chopped apples and let the water come to a boil.  When boiling I put the cover on and set the timer for 3 minutes.  At 3 minutes I stirred in the pinch of coarse sea salt and one cup of old fashioned oatmeal and stirred it well.  I did NOT put the cover back on but set the timer for 3 minutes and stood there stirring with a wooden spoon until the timer went off, then spooned into our bowls, after topping with a tablespoon of chopped walnuts in each bowl, and put them on the table.  Unfortunately, I was the only one ready for breakfast at that time.  Forty-five minutes later we sat down to eat.  Ick-er-ino!!

So...the lesson is, while a watched pot never seems to boil, it also won't burn, so STAY IN THE KITCHEN WHILE COOKING ANYTHING YOU REALLY WANT TO EAT!  Though I am really not at all fond of cooked oatmeal.  I remember the days of my youth when my mother made us sit at the table until we finished our breakfasts...even my sister who used to bark up something in the hopes that she could be excused...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: