About The Country Wife Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Great Family History Food News!

Today after washing yet another sink of dishes (I am so grateful to have a sink, running hot and cold water, and dishes to dirty with plenty of good nourishing food) I started thinking again about what I was going to make for treats for the young people's meeting that will take place here tomorrow night. 

First I thought I would make Ooey Gooey Chewy Cookie bars and Apple Streusel Bars which I made as a template for the family dinner yesterday.  They were okay but not stunning by any means.  I base that assessment on the fact that there are still quite a few cookies in the clear treat container...

My next thought was to make some pumpkin cheesecake bars but thought people might have had enough pumpkin pies on Thanksgiving.

The next idea was to make four toll house pies, but I did not have enough shortening for the crusts and I did not want to use up all the butter in the house on pie crust, so...

Finally I decided to make brownies and chocolate chip bars. Easy and tasty and usually very popular with kids.  Of course, I just purchased orange soda and cranberry juice for punch, which will have to do as I did not get enough milk for 30 plus or minus people.

ANYWAY,  when I went to my recipe box, I found a treasured recipe from my mother, in her own handwriting.  It is for Peanut Butter Cookies.  I am almost certain this is the same recipe my grandmother (Mary Marjorie Read McIntosh) made for us called CrissCross cookies.  I will be making it soon and posting the recipe to Grammie's Kitchen and Goodnight Stories.  I am so excited to have found the recipe again!

When I have more time I will reference all the recipes mentioned in this post as online storage is a great thing!  Readily available any time and any place...as long as internet is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: