About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

First Birthday Cards of 2018

So far I have only been energetic enough to make birthday cards for the family.  Fourth child will receive this one after his birthday:

Inside is a little medallion with the sentiment on it.  AND under the medallion is a little spring I made by wrapping #26 gauge wire six times around a pencil then taping a one-inch cardstock circle on each end of the spring to then tape to the medallion and the card. I was so thrilled that it actually worked. AND when you open the card the medallion jiggles!!!  So cool.


Of course this is oriented in the wrong direction but as I am writing this I am late getting breakfast made so we will probably be late to the office if I take the time to figure out how to change that.  Anyone who knows how to do that quickly and easily is encouraged to instruct me!  Thanks.

The final grandchild is getting this icky card:


As you can see, it is a pop-up card, sort of.  The puff paint I purchased on Friday morning on my way home from dropping off things at the President's house did sort of work.  It really does take 24 hours to dry, so don't take any shortcuts if you are using puff paint.  The festooned cake is pitiful but I think the recipient might still be happy with it.  This card is a sample of a last-minute card.  Perhaps I should start thinking about next year's cards and get one put together for each person that will be actually attractive and not another "Well, she does mean well." kind of card...

This is the front of the birthday cake card.  It is more attractive, I think.  I used the dragon fly paper to make an envelope which is also aimed to please the recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: