About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Mission: Health

Thank you all for your kind concern for my health faux pas a couple of weeks ago.

Really and truly I have made some changes.  Not enough, of course, but hopefully other needed changes are on their way.

What I have found out about eating and low blood sugar:  it does make a difference if you eat regularly.  So I have started doing that. I take carrots, celery, apple slices, and peanut butter to the office to eat at ten and two and four.  Not a lot but some.

Also, vegetable bean soup or a big salad with beans in it is the usual lunch.

One more also:  a couple of days this past week I have avoided the treat counter totally...not so easy since I walk by it ten times a day. Or more.  AND I put a curtain around the candy dish above my desk that we keep for our kind carriers (UPS, FEDEX, USPS, AMAZON) who come into the office every day or most days.  This is a very small give-back for their service to us.  The curtain has kept my fingers away from the candy that the Candy Administrator keeps on hand (actually, Dear One is the person in charge of keeping the treats containers filled).

It is marginally possible that the swim center that is ten minutes from our apartment (and which closed for renovations the day we arrived here in Oregon!) is going to open this week. I hope it is. I hope I have the intestinal fortitude to get up and go swimming before each day gets ahead of me.  If you want to help me, pray for me to have that strength.  Swimming is a wonderful exercise and the least painful one for this body.

More on this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: