About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

New Socks! Wide Calf Socks to Boot!

It seems inappropriate to be bare-legged.  Because of health issues I need to wear mostly natural fiber socks/stockings or my feet develop fungal infections.  For real.

So I have been wearing white cotton ankle socks and other low socks.  Not being fond of frequent leg-epilation efforts (the grasping of the handle is often quite uncomfortable) I have been searching for knee socks that are mostly cotton but 1. stay up, 2. are large enough for my "wide" calves, and 3. are not too ugly.

Well, I found some!  

Sadly, there are no conservative plain black, navy, or brown plain socks.  They have only "novelty" socks.  I ordered one pair...black with a red blaze on them. I thought perhaps the blaze would be above the level of my skirt so they would be okay.  Maybe yes, maybe no. I cannot see the blaze from where I am, so I am burying my head in the sand like a flamingo.  No, not a flamingo.  What is that bird...oh, ostrich.  The ostrich buries his head in the sand so no-one will see the red blaze on his black stockings.



Since the first pair of knee socks fit well I ordered some more.  The black with white stripes has some naughty language on them so I really DO need to only wear them with my longest skirt.  As far as the others, well, it is a good thing I am mostly sitting at a desk!  The Starry Night socks I think I will wear with the beautiful navy skirt my sister gave me.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't had time this past week to read your posts but I enjoy them. I am sorry to have to tell you that Bro. Bugbee passed away Sunday morning. We are doing a memorial service for him on Saturday at 10:00 at our chapel. He will then be buried in the Veteran's Cemetery here in AZ on Monday. I am slowly getting around to notifying those friends we have from NH and VT.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here: