About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Crockpot Missionaries!

Recently our missionaries have been making their own suppers Monday through Friday rather than eating with members of the congregation.  They will still eat with ward members on the weekends.  Our mission president thought the missionaries would eat better healthier meals if they had crock pots so all the senior missionaries went to Costco who was (and maybe still is) having a sale on 7-quart Crock pots that let you program them to a small extent.  We each picked up five so we would have enough for each apartment to have one.  (There are about 70 apartments in the mission...)

Today was the first of two zone conferences where the Crock pots were going to be dispensed.  Dear One and our local young missionaries plus some senior missionaries loaded 45 pots into the back of the truck.  We drove them to the zone conference in Tualatin.  During the conference a lady who is a crock pot queen gave a short presentation with tips on how to use the Crock pot.  She had previously sent us a number of quick and easy recipes to pass along to the missionaries, which I did.

For myself, I thought that was a good Crock pot so I availed myself of one and made some Apple Pie Cake. It has five ingredients.  I will be sharing that here tomorrow, I hope, and with the missionaries as it was okay eating.
This is the truck ready to hand out the crock pots to the missionaries.

If anyone has any quick and easy, with few ingredients, and inexpensive, recipes to share, please email them to me!  I will pass them along.  Especially good would be recipes that could be used for several meals in several different ways.  Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: