About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Knitting Vicissitudes

The afghan is coming along.  Two stripes are on one end and one stripe is on the other end.  I noticed a problem on the one-stripe end.  I tried to fix it with a crochet hook, something that has worked many times before.  This time, not so much.  After taking the stitches back to the error a second time I think I have decided that the problem occurred when I picked up the knitting after having left it for a while, and instead of continuing on in the correct direction, I started back the other way.  This left a loop and a hole.

This is what it looks like now that I have "fixed" it.  Not very good.  Having said that, I am going to try not to think about it again.  This is just a throw blanket for Dear One for the couch.  It is not a blanket that I will enter into Tunbridge Fair next year...!


If I had been smart I would have taken a picture of the flaw before I started the fix.  I can tell you with absolute sincerity that it looked MUCH better before.  There was just a small pink bigger loop.  That there are two extra loops plus the problems all the way back to the  needles.  Oh well. Into every life a little rain must fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: