About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, November 19, 2018

Munchie Monday: Cherry Pie Filling Smoothie

We had some things in the refrigerator that needed using up...such as some cherry pie filling.  Since Dear One is rather a fan of breakfast and not at all averse to smoothies, I decided to give it a try.



This was the smoothie:

1 cup pineapple juice (well, the juice that was leftover from draining canned pineapple for ambrosia salad)
1 cup cherry pie filling
3 frozen sliced bananas

Put the pineapple juice in the blender first, then the pie filling, and finally the frozen bananas.  Blend on high speed for a minute or until lovely and smooth.

This made two tall glasses.  I had one sip and put it aside.  Dear One sucked his right down!  He loved it, I guess...so I handed him my glass which he took with a smile.  This smoothie was some sweet.  WAY too sweet for me.  Almost made me gag.



For myself, I needed something a little better for my taste buds.  I got out sauerkraut, sautéed kale and onions, and two pieces of Whole Foods Market Sesame Tofu from the salad bar which I broke into pieces.  Two minutes in the microwave and I was in heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: