About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, November 12, 2018

Munchie Monday: Brownie Bomb Bars

Here is a recipe I found months ago and was going to make for a departing dinner but a different dessert was decided on.  Finally I made it and have shared it around.

This is the process:

1.  In a 9 by 13 pan cook a box of brownie mix according to directions.  Let cool completely.  The "completely" is pretty important.

2.  Spread a container of Marshmallow Fluff over the cool brownies...a 198 gram jar or larger.

3.  In large microwave safe bowl place 2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of peanut butter.  Heat for one minute, remove from microwave and stir.  Return to microwave for another minute, then remove and stir again. By this time the chips should have melted and combined nicely with the peanut butter.  If not,  return to microwave for another 30 seconds. 

4.  When the chocolate chip/peanut butter mixture is completely melted and combined, pour in 3 cups Rice Krispies and stir until well blended then spread on top of the marshmallow fluff.  Put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

5.  Cut into 24-36 pieces.

Since I had a 10 by 14 (or maybe 16) pan handy, I doubled everything.  It still worked out.



You can see that I cut out along one edge (and threw the cut outs up on top of the bars) so it would be easier to get the rest of the bars out of the pan.  The marshmallow fluff is really sticky...in my opinion, and the Rice Krispie treat topping was too thick because of the doubling but they did taste good. I was able to restrain myself from eating more than one with no problem.  Really sweet.  I did think of scraping off the brownie bottoms and just eating those, but then instead I made some very tasty sesame ginger garlic sauce to eat on tofu and ate that instead.  Did NOT feel deprived at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: