About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Empty!

Finally, two months after we moved into this apartment the mountain of boxes in the living room is gone! 

This is the story:  my plan during hose two months was to go through each box and make sure there was nothing in any of them that I did not want to take home to Vermont.  I did get some of the boxes emptied but there were others I just did not get to.

Several nights ago was a bad sleep night:  woke up at 10:30, did a little work on the computer, did a little reading, went back to bed, got back up ten minutes later, and FINALLY I DID THE JOB!

By this time it was nearly 2:00 AM but I did it anyway.  I removed the security stick from the sliding glass door, unlocked the door, opened the door, opened the screen door, and reveled in the refreshing night air. I don't know what the temperature was but I considered dragging a chair out to sit there for a while then gave myself a quick slap and started moving the boxes.  Whole job--maybe 15 minutes!  Why did I wait so long?


There is nothing like an empty path between the living room and the dining table!  Plus, bonus,  now when I wake up in the early morning, I put on my headphones, push the lightning connector into my phone, go to my scripture-reading schedule, start listening, and get in 1,000 to 3,000 steps before breakfast...or if I am honest, before I go back to bed.  Did I mention EARLY morning? 

Some day maybe sleep will smooth out and I will sleep all night, every night. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: