About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Tuesday Triumph

Over the weekend Dear One wanted a Dominos Pizza.

I had been working like fury to get something nice for refreshments for Senior Missionary Family Home Evening plus to make a pie for the Departing Dinner which is this week.  It turned out there was no pie pan that I could see here in the cupboards...though I did not look on the bottom shelf, come to think of it.  Maybe there was one there.

Well, anyway, Dear One wanted a Dominos pizza. I happened to know there was a Goodwill store almost next door to the Dominos...which place has so far driven me crazy every time I have gone there to buy or pick up a pizza...so, being the nice wifey that I try to be, I went along with the plan to get the pizza which I did NOT want to eat. He ordered the pizza online and we set off. I went in to pick up the pizza and brought it to him so he could get started eating it in the car. He wanted to drive me up the hill to Goodwill to look for a pie plate but I chose to walk.

There was a glass pie plate which I immediately picked up.  No cracks.  No nicks.  No tarry looking stuff on the bottom. $2.99.  I also found a silicon bundt pan for $1.99.

As I was checking out there was a girl there with an Instant Pot Duo 60 pot that she was thinking about.  She had the box open and was looking it over.  She pointed to a spot where she said there was no red button that was supposed to be there.  I showed her that there was not supposed to be a red button, that it was just the petcock or pressure valve or whatever it is called.  She decided she did not want it and gave it to the checkout clerk and said she changed her mind.  I paid for my items (which by now included a yarn project with lovely brown wool yarn plus two afghan instruction books) then asked if I could look at the Instant Pot.



After looking it over thoroughly, I got in line again and purchased it for $39.99!  SCORE!  Big time score.  Don't get me wrong, I love my little mini 3-quart Instant Pot but sometimes I really need the 6 quart size.  And now I have it for way under $100.  For a brand new, never used Instant Pot. Totally Tuesday Triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: