About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, January 31, 2020

Food Friday: Brownie Mix Waffles

My sister sent me a good-sounding recipe a couple of weeks ago.  We had company coming to stay overnight with us this week. I thought it would be great to give the recipe a try.  After all, I never mind trying out new foods on guests.  Guinea pigs are great news to me!!!

So we made the brownie mix waffles.

In a large bowl mix a package of brownie mix with 4 eggs, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.  Stir until well combined.

Pour 1/4 cup batter in each well of a pre-heated pre-sprayed-with-oil-spray waffle iron and let cook for 3-4 minutes, until the light indicates the waffle is cooked.

This made three full waffles, which, in our waffle maker was 12 square waffles...one was enough for each serving but we each took two of them!



On top of the brownie mix waffles we placed Banana Strawberry ice cream we had made in the Vitamix.  This was 4 frozen bananas at 2-3 cups fresh strawberries which were blended for less than a minute and made VERY GOOD "ice cream" with no guilt at all.

On top of the ice cream we put hot fudge sauce. I will put up that recipe on Monday.

As far as I was concerned, this dessert did not live up to my expectations.  There was something a little strange about the texture of the waffle.  It was not at all brownie-like.  Everyone else seemed to enjoy the dessert.

The best part of the dessert was the hot fudge sauce, in my opinion...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: