About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, April 17, 2020

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes

How can you go wrong with pancakes when some of the ingredients include bananas, oatmeal, and dark chocolate chips?  Well, think again!  Dear One said, and I quote, "You can scratch that recipe from our repertoire!"  Well, he was pretty much correct.


Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes

2 ripe bananas
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup oat flour (made by blending 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats into flour)
1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips


In a medium bowl mash the bananas with a fork then stir in the milk.  In another bowl stir together everything else except the chocolate chips.  Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients then add the chocolate chips and stir well.

Using a portion scoop, scoop 1/2 cup "batter" onto a greased griddle and let cook for at least 2-3 minutes then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on the second side.

That is how I did it.  This is what they looked like:

  • It looks rather nasty but it really did taste pretty good.  At least, to me they tasted good.  Dear One decided I could finish his.  He put some french fries in the air fryer for his main breakfast!  No problem.
So I put the leftovers into the refrigerator.  The next day I ate a piece.  It was really good the next day!  Sort of like chocolate bananas.  

When I looked at the recipe later to see if I could figure out what went wrong, I realized I had put 3/4 cup of chocolate chips in the batter instead of 1/4 cup.  Also, since the batter  was so thick, I think I would add more almond milk another time.  If there is another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: