About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, April 27, 2020

Munchie Monday: Quick and Easy Tortilla Chips

The other day I was edgy for something crunchy.  Dear One had been asking for crunchiness, like Pringles!  I got him some but have since thought better of it.  I won't do that again.  We have that cool microwave potato chip maker we could use. I did use it again and found it preferable to the Pringles...

To fill our crunchiness need I made some quick and easy tortilla chips.

Corn tortillas can easily be cut into triangles with kitchen shears or with a pizza cutter.

Lay them on a baking pan.  Spray with Braggs Liquid Aminos.  You can also make a lime juice and salt mixture to brush on them.  I did not do that this time. 

We baked two batches.  In the air fryer we cooked them for 4 minutes at 375 degrees F.  They were NICE and crispy...!  Perhaps a little on the dark side...but that was no problem for me. I LOVE burned popcorn.  Well, somewhat burned popcorn...

In the oven we baked them at 400 degrees F. for 15 minutes but I started checking them at 10 minutes.  Of course, opening the oven three different times to check lowered the temperature significantly, I am sure.  They could have been browner but they really were fine.


Dear One thought all of these could have had a little more flavor. I really only sprayed on a little of the Braggs since I was uncertain as to how they would be received.  Next time I will spritz with a little bit heavier hand!

Or maybe next time I will give a squirt of Braggs then immediately sprinkle on a little Adobo seasoning.

This is the same stuff I use to spray our air-popped popcorn on Sunday night.  It really lightly salts the popcorn and makes it quite tasty.  I spray on the top, shake up the bowl, spray on some more, shake a second time, then one final spray to the top.  You do NOT miss the butter and salt.  Really.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: