About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Fun Adventures in Happy Land...

So I have mentioned before the alligators. I have also mentioned the water moccasins.

In an effort to avoid unpleasantness if a water moccasin or other snake decides to give me an unpleasant shock, I decided on getting some tall heavy-ish boots, something I have not done once in my whole long life.  Well, they came.  I can wear them though I do have to take several deep breaths while putting them on.  You will know what a baby I am about this claustrophobia for sure by now.

Another thing I did this past week was to get a pair of very thick blue jeans, also something I have not done for many years. I don't like pants.  Same claustro...

Anyway,  the nice people at the jeans store offered me several different ones to try on.  The ones that fit were a lovely light blue.  I thought they would be prone to staining, and since I have NO LUCK at getting stains out of anything, I decided to go with the larger darker blue pants.  They had the plus of having very wide legs which I thought might go better with putting boots on and off. 

I mentioned to the lady that I would get zippers to put in the seams so I could get the pants on and off easily.  That kind lady said, "Hold on a minute," and went into her back room.  She brought out a basket of long zippers and gave me two of them!!!  I consider that a very kind thing to do. She would not take payment for them.

The very day I brought the jeans home  (I think, it WAS last week, after all and memory is not what it could be...) I installed the zippers.  Three of the sides stitched up beautifully.  The fourth one is not as good, but since it works, I am not going to pull the whole zipper out and start again.

Now, on to the adventure.  Yesterday morning I donned boots and jeans and went outside. I pulled the watering hose off the holder and went down to the garden.  I started watering and discovered that buying the larger jeans had its flaws in thinking.  The nice neighbor couple came over to chat about gardens and offered to pick anything up for us at Lowes since they were on their way there.

When they turned and headed out for their shopping trip, I turned back to the watering. In that turn my jeans dropped to the ground.

Can you imagine my red face?!!! 

Now the jeans are on my sewing machine to have the waistband taken in significantly plus Dear One, that kind man, has ordered me a sturdy belt.  I would not like the pants around my ankles in public again.

Fortunately, at least to my knowledge, there is no photo of that faux pas so I cannot share it with you....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: