About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, May 1, 2020

Food Friday: Quick and Easy Knock Off Wendy's Frosty!

Today has been pretty hectic.  We both had doctor appointments.  With the same FNP at the same time. (First time ever we went to a medical appointment together. Ever!)  An interesting thing is that the check in lady took our phone number (well, MY phone number since Dear One is not a fan of phone calls for some reason...!) and said we could wait in our car in the parking lot or stay in the waiting room which was full of people socially distancing themselves.  I had butterflies to crochet so we opted for the parking lot and comfort of our car.  All went pretty well.  We both have to go back again...me next week, Dear One in two weeks.  He says he has had more medical appointments in the last two weeks than in most of his life up until this time!  He may be right!


We got home and ate up some leftover shepherd's pie, kale chips for which we bought the kale at the drive-through farmer's market this afternoon, carrot sticks, and strawberries which we also got at the drive through farmers' market.  I will wait until things straighten out before going to the Farmers' Market again. I prefer picking out my own produce....

So, after I finished listening to General Conference I decided a sweet treat was in order.  Brittany of the Jaroudi Family on YouTube had recently posted a Wendy's Frosty made vegan. I thought I would try it.  It worked out very well!


It tasted really delicious.  I ate three or four bites and brought it upstairs to Dear One (you can see how well I held firm on no eating upstairs on the carpeted floors...!!! He had already brought upstairs tortilla chips and fabulous salsa that we got at the Yucatan Restaurant on my birthday...) who has just finished the rest of the jar of it.  It made a pint jar full of yummy frosty treat.

The only thing I would do differently is that I would cut the pitted dates into pieces instead of tossing them in whole.  I didn't really notice if Brittany wanted us to cut them up...!  Anyway, there were a few little chewy bits which did not really take away from the Frosty but did catch my attention.  Next time: chopped up!


Go to The Jaroudi Family but in the meantime so you can see if you have everything--the ingredients are: frozen banana, cocoa powder, pitted dates, water-soaked old-fashioned oatmeal, vanilla, and ice cubes. 

Be sure to do this. You will be glad you did.  Even if you just ate a Baskin Robbins Rocky Road ice cream scoop in a waffle cone...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: