About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, August 24, 2020

Munchie Monday: Breakfast

 This morning I had an Instant Pot success!  With kale!!!

Because I have been having some health issues again/still, I decided to much more rigid in taking note of what I eat.  I have been losing weight slowly, which is how I like to go, but I quit taking almost all my medication with my medical practitioner's support.  The dizziness is so much better but the blood sugar is so much worse just eating willy-nilly.  

SO--a new approach.  Actually I have gone back to MyFitnessPal and today recorded my food.

Now, on to the Instant Pot success!

Today I filled the Instant Pot with washed torn up kale...a full bunch that we found at Food Lion.  (It really the biggest bunch, best kale, and smallest price kale in our town!). I put a steamer basket into the Instant Pot inner pot, put 1 1/2 cups water in the inner pot, then set the pressure at HIGH pressure for 0 (ZERO!!) minutes, and set it going.

When the Instant Pot finished, which was not very long, I gave it only a couple/2 minutes to release pressure naturally then put on the little instant pressure release gadget on the top.  The kale was nice and tender and so ready for breakfast!



This is a BIG bunch of the nicely cooked kale on my plate with 1/2 cup red beans and rice before I drizzled on top some Maple Balsamic vinegar...maybe a teaspoon of the vinegar.  This was such a great breakfast and had nowhere near the carbohydrate grams that have been killing me lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: