About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, August 10, 2020

Munchie Monday: Everything Bagel Potatoes

 Always looking for healthful food, I just watched Jill Dalton on The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show.  She made Everything Bagel Potatoes.  

For our breakfast/lunch. I made them this way:  Since we already had some Everything Bagel seasoning that we picked up maybe at Aldi's, I put a couple of tablespoons on a plate.  After scrubbing three red potatoes, I cut them in half lengthwise then dipped the damp flat part of the potatoes into the seasoning then put them in the air fryer, seed side up.

Changing the controls from our normal air frying time and temperature to 30 minutes at 400 degrees F, I set the potatoes going.  You can see that perhaps I should have cooked them at a lower temperature as the garlic charred a bit.



When done, they were pretty good.  We ate them with a fork instead of picking them up like a bagel.  Also, I added catsup.  As it turns out, the seasoning we used was pretty salt-heavy.  I won't get it again but will make our own as Jill made hers.  Salt is beginning to bother my tongue, even though I love salt...

What I learned:  the potatoes should be about the same size in order to cook evenly!  Well, everyone knows that.  I just did not do it.  Next time I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: