About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Garden 2021: FLOWERS!!!

 Last year a kind friend gave me some irises that had not produced any flowers at her house but seemed like they were nice and healthy.  I told her I thought that irises needed to have their "knees" on top of the ground so they could breathe and that this would help them bloom.

Well!  I took them home and planted them all- buried deep!  What a hypocrite!  Well, not really a hypocrite but I thought they at least needed to be buried deep enough so they would live through the summer and winter. I thought I could excavate them this spring.

Last week I was backing the car out of the garage and stopped suddenly!  Look what I found:



So very exciting!  AND they are deep true purple, not the light purple-y blue I have seen so often.  I really love them.  I am so grateful to D for her generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: