About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2021

More Knitting: Pineapple Scrubbie

 A friend asked for help with a pineapple scrubbie she had seen at Hobby Lobby.  It included both knitting and crocheting.  I knew I could help with the knitting end and figured I could also do the crocheting and teach it to her. WELL...the knitting was a simple "berry" stitch...cannot remember the actual name of the stitch but you knit 3 together then KPK in the next stitch or PKP in that next stich.


This is intended to have a cake of soap inserted through the leaves at the top.

The crocheting part had an indecipherable chart.  At least I could not grasp it until I had help and then it was a Duh! moment...so very clear. Oh well.  Now I know.

The pattern I am referencing does not want me to link to it but if you go to Hobby Lobby and look for Pineapple Scrubbie and Scrubology Yarn you will find it.

The crochet part of the pattern is also very simple.  Once you know how to read the pattern.

The crochet pattern was just a chart. I had not done crochet from a chart...so I asked a couple of ladies at church who gave me the word.  I smacked my forehead when the chart reader wrote it out in words. Of COURSE that was what the symbols meant.  Double Duh!!

Because I do not like the way the sewn edge looks, I am trying again and knitting with the Scrubology acrylic yarn again because I like the pineapple part.

  The next one I will use the scrubology cotton for the green leaves since the acrylic (which makes a great scrubbing fabric) makes terrible crocheted leaves.  At least I make terrible leaves with that yarn...

 Also, I could only do one row repeat (Row 1: K1, *K3tog, PKP in next stitch, * to end of row, K1, turn and Row 2: knit back across) at a time since the yarn wreaked a certain amount of havoc with my hands...took a lot of strength.  Well, I don't really know how to describe the situation, but trust me, only one of the 2-row repeats at a time, then a good rest.  Even knitting on the tiny needles for the Crayon Booties was much more comfortable.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: