About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Perhaps the Slump is Over...! Maybe.

 As you can tell, I have been in a slump for weeks.  Today something took place that may have helped me get over that miserable feeling/situation.

Last year, maybe just after we arrived here, I don't quite remember, we/I put together a six hole cube to put on my desk to make the desk more useful. I just could not have stacks of books, projects, paper, and other stuff on the desktop.  It worked beautifully but got filled up really fast.

Earlier this week, or maybe last week, I decided to spend some money and time and make another one because the desk was totally unusable again without a good deal of effort hoeing it out, which was not so fun.  This time I only found 9-hole cubes. I thought that providential!

Off to Big Lots to get one.  Rats!  They no longer carried them.  So on to Lowes where, after a good amount of searching, asking for help, then trying again myself, I found a few in stock.  With a GREAT deal of effort I lifted the box into the cart and went to check out.  I tried the checkout myself but both bar codes gave me zapping sounds.  The nice young man at the service area came over after four zaps!  In about one instant he found the correct bar code and I was out of there, less than $50 poorer!

This was almost 6:00 PM by the time I got home and I had no energy to get the box into the house so I let it ride around in the car for two days.  Dear One kindly brought it out today and then even put it on our fancy dumbwaiter/stair climber to bring it upstairs.

After less than an hour even though the very first effort on my part was wrong--I put the long dowels where the short dowels were supposed to go and the ripped through the bottom.  Well, it is the bottom. No one will see the holes and even if they did, I do not mind.  Helps me to be a bit more humble.  Maybe.  Hopefully.  Making big blunders right out of the gate is wretched.  Oh well.


As you can see, we have now fifteen slots for stuff. AND they are not all full currently...though that will change.  Dear One asked me how long it will take me to make the desk unusable again.  Mean-spirited!  Not really as he said it with a smile in both his eyes and his voice.  He just knows me too well.  Our daughter reminded me that now that the desktop is  empty I will have to train myself to keep it that way.

May I say the I have already used the lovely empty desktop to use the Big Shot with a die-cutting project I have been needing to do but did not have a space for it.  Next on the list is a big glut of cards I need to put together.  Double-sized tape will arrive on Saturday so in the meantime I will cut paper for the envelopes!  So exciting.

Now I am worn out enough from today's business that I will go on with my binge-watching of Heartland. I love that show.

May all be well with you dear ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: