About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Big Surprise Today!!

 Recently I have become impatient and dissatisfied with my homemaking prowess.  A few days, maybe weeks ago, I began mildly carping about my need for a bureau.  At present all my clothing is stored in the closet.  Don't get me wrong, it is a great closet with a lot of hanging space and a shelf over all.  I have my underwear and socks stored on the shelf along with many other things.  The shelf is just a bit too high for me so I have to throw my undies up there.  That does not make for a nice neat stack, thus the carping.

Well, today, when I was about at the end of my rope for many many reason, Dear One told me UPS had arrived. I knew he was expecting a package but no idea what it was.  I asked him if he wanted me to come see the box. He said, "No. I want you to come help."  When I got to the entry way there was a big box from Vietnam!  I thought he had broken down and gotten me a bookcase for the side of the bed which I ALSO have been carping about for about two years...!  We have already ordered and put together a beautiful bookcase, a table, and two chairs all from rubber wood from Vietnam so I was pleased.

It was NOT a bookcase!


There he is with the packing box mostly emptied, well, half emptied as you can see other things in the big box, but he was organizing the refuse so it would be easy to take care of.

We decided to put it together upstairs since it was going to be very heavy and we have had incidents as we have taken things upstairs in a put-together situation which were very heavy.


Here is the bureau together except for the drawers!


Now the complete bureau sitting next to my mother's slipper chair. I could not be happier.  And, yes, my underwear and socks are happily ensconced in the new bureau and I am a happy camper.  

How I love my kind, generous, considerate, thoughtful, hard-working, loving husband.  I am most fortunate among women.

When it was complete, he smiled at me and said, "Merry Christmas!" So nice.


1 comment:

Please feel free to comment here: