About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Christmas Party Games!

 Last week I attended a wonderful Christmas party.  Let me tell you about the games!

Each person coming to the party brought a pair of socks that they had filled with all sorts of fun inexpensive little gifts.  The socks were attached to each other by rubber bands at the top and a ribbon was put on.  When they arrived at the party the socks were hung on a tree and numbered.  Later on guests drew a number from a bowl.  If the number was even, they got that pair of socks. If their number was odd, they could choose any socks that had already been removed from the tree.  (In this case the "tree" was a hall coat tree!)

This was my pair of socks:


Sorry I cannot figure out how to rotate the photo so you can look at it straight on.

These socks make me so happy.  They are the first real project I did on the Brother KX 350 knitting machine.  I used Patons Classic Wool in Bright Red, Pine, and Winter White.  I have a good mind to make more of them!  The knitting look less than an hour but the handwork to move them from flat to socks took WAY longer!

One thing I am very happy about is the bow!  Basically I took a wide piece of the black and red checkered fabric, attached the fluffy white stuff to the ends then sewed it into a tube.  Next was to turn the tube.  It worked!  I was really so pleased.

Another day I will describe another party game...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: