About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Leaf Job!

 Today Dear One put our new leaf rake to work.  Of course, there had been a lot of rain overnight so the leaves were heavy and sludgy but still, he did manage to rake up thirteen piles.  

This afternoon it turned out that he needed a couple of extra hands to hold the bags to put the leaves in the garbage bag.  Since we cannot have a compost pile, we could not use the leaves.  Unless I went down to the garden. and dug them in.  This is something I considered since we are hoping to put in blueberries in the next season, BUT the day was pretty much done by then and I did not want to walk that close to the HOA bad line...NO COMPOST PILES in our neighborhood....


The lawn really does look better.  Interestingly enough, the live oak trees that dropped all the leaves are not on our property!  

Another thing, not interesting, but something I learned today: I might have learned why they call these trees "live oaks".  I have wondered about that since the very first book I ever read many years ago that referenced "live oaks".  I thought that was the dumbest thing ever since of course the trees must have been alive.  Well, it turns out that they do not drop all their leaves.  We do have some sort of native tree on our own lawn which shades us beautifully in the summer, but which does lose its leaves.

It is a great day when you learn new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: