About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2021

Quick and Easy Tree Ornament, Sewing Project

 The other day I found a red and black plain metal tin that I immediately loved and thought I would fill with chocolates and give in the big Christmas stocking I knit on the knitting machine.  I was in Hobby Lobby at the moment and was passing by the fabric area.  THERE WAS THE SAME FABRIC!  So I had to buy it to make a stocking ornament.

After exploring YouTube a bit I found orangebettie.com who had a very easy pattern for a lined stocking ornament.



This is the ornament.  It probably took 30 minutes from start to finish.  If I wanted to make more I could do assembly-line and get lots more made in a short time.  If I wanted it to be perfect, I could press it at various junctures, but chose not to get up from the sewing machine.

This makes me happy, even though it is not perfect.  And I did not hand stitch closed the  few stitches needed in the white fluff.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: