About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Amiguri Pocket Bunnies

 Last week when one of my medical appointments fell through for a variety of reasons and I finally saw my person, it was too late for the appointment but it was very obvious that she was expecting a baby soon.  We made a better appointment for two weeks away (the day before my birthday! so it is easy to remember) and I decided to make her a baby gift for her little girl.  The last baby gift I made for a medical person did not turn out as I had hoped but as I have no shame, I gave it anyway.  Amazingly the baby is reported to love it.  That makes me happy.

When I got out into the car after the failed appointment I had a few minutes before the next engagement so I looked in my phone for saved knitting projects and found the perfect gift:  Amiguri Pocket Bunny.  It is a small project and seemed do-able.  

This is what I have made so far.  Still not happy with them and hope to try again in a few days.


Here are two faceless bunnies.  Usually I make animals with just eyes but this time I need to make faces which will be embroidered.  I am not completely happy with these but they will be fine for practicing the faces...so when I get a good bunny made the face will go better.

This photo shows the bunny tales.  I think they are kind of cute.  They are also less likely to choke the baby since they will be harder for the baby to pull off.  Pom poms are not good for babies and tiny children.  I made a hat once for a grandchild and took the grandchild on some trip or other, not a long one, and when we arrived at the store or wherever we were going, the pom pom no longer existed and the car was filled with wisps of yarn...lesson learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: