About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, April 11, 2022

Munchie Monday: Quick and Easy Corn on the Cob in the Microwave

 On Friday I found some actually fresh Butter and Sugar corn on the cob at the store. I picked up three ears and brought them home. I had lots of other stuff in the bag on top and, after about seventy-leven stops, I finally got home. I took the "refrigerate immediately' things out of the bag and put them in the refrigerator.  On Saturday I finally finished emptying the bag and found the corn.

This is how I cooked it:

Rinse off the corn, in the husk.

Put the corn in the microwave with husks still on. 

Microwave for increments of 3 minutes.  Since I put 3 cobs in at once I knew it would take more than three minutes so I tried it for 5.5 minutes.

With a hot mitt, pull corn out of the microwave and place on a cutting board.  

With a sharp knife, cut along the bottom end, half an inch or so from the outside end.

With the end off, and the oven mitt on, pull the husks and silk off from the silk end and compost or throw out if your HOA does not allow compost piles....

Eat your beautiful fresh corn on the cob.


Here is the corn ready to eat.  You can see how much of the bottom you need to cut off.  There is no need to "silk" the corn since it slides off with the husk.

Really do use a hot mitt as the corn is HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: