About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, April 15, 2022

Food Friday: New Food Invention!

 Early this week I was hankering for a hot dog (or sausage!) in a big way.  I am trying so hard to avoid them because I believe they are detrimental to my health.  I was out and so close to the hot dog stand that I was sure my wheels would just turn in.

However!  Before I got to the turn I remembered we had some prepared refried beans (we had acquired the dried refried beans at the Home Storage Center ages ago) in the refrigerator.  The only good hot dog has sauerkraut, onions, and mustard on it.  It occurred to me that I could make a "Polish" burrito bowl. So I did!

A scoop of cooked refried beans, a big scoop of sauerkraut, a handful of chopped Vidalia onions, and a drizzle of honey mustard made up the bowl.  It was SO GOOD!  I have now had that same meal three times this week.

Go ahead!  You know you will love it!!!


At least I know that I love it! I would love another bowl right this minute....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: