About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Knitting Today: Finished Project

 The Seedling Stitch socks I was knitting last week are now finished. I am very happy to have completed them in the time agreed upon by the designer. I like these socks for the most part.  The part I don't like is that they don't fit over my heel.  Well, after soaking for hours I tried them and after pulling really hard, I did get them over my heel but...not going to work as a regular pair of socks.  Sadly.  Not so sadly, our daughter will now get a pair of hand knit socks for the first time in years.


The pattern is an easy one.  The designer is very responsive to questions. The experience was a good one.  The socks took about a week to knit. To read the notes and see some other photos go to Ravelry page.

Now I want to knit another pair with the leftover yarns.  There is certainly enough to knit another pair with the green and black striped yarn. I will certainly use a toe up pattern...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: