About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, May 9, 2022

Munchie Monday: Pizza Dough Small Disaster

 Dear One emailed me a pizza dough recipe.  He does email me recipes from time to time. I usually take the messages as a hint.  As I did this time.

The recipe was for pizza dough:

1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 packet dry yeast
1 Tablespoon freshly ground Italian Herb Seasoning (in a grinder from Sam's Club)
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 1/2 cups flour 

Put lukewarm water in a medium glass bowl. Add sugar and yeast and stir. Let sit if you want to. I did because I had some things to do.  The first yeast was not active so I added another couple of teaspoons of yeast from the refrigerator where I store it. The packet of yeast hade been given to me and expired in 2017 but I tried it anyway.  Did not work.

Add the flour and the salt to the activated yeast and stir well with a sturdy wooden spoon until all the flour is incorporated.  If necessary, use your hand.  I did.  

Cover with plastic wrap then let sit until fully doubled.

Remove from bowl and toss like a pizza tosser!  It worked without tearing. Put on the pan (but better grease it next time!) and brush on a tiny amount of olive oil then put on top whatever leftover cheese you have in the refrigerator. In our case it was extra sharp cheddar.  Not your usual pizza cheese but I wanted it out of the refrigerator.



You will see that the "non-stick pizza pan" isn't!  The white you see is the bottom of the pizza stuck to the pan. IT WOULD NOT COME OFF.  When I went downstairs to see if the ants had already started coming, I put it in the sink and filled it with water.  Take that, you sneaky crawling little things!

While trying to pry the pizza out of the pan, I failed to remember the holes in the bottom of the pans SO there are now crumbs on the stove, in great shape!  And I just did not feel like cleaning them up tonight. Probably a bad idea. As I am writing I am wondering if the miserable ants will find their way inside the house again...!

What a mess!  R-r-r! Sometimes I just don't focus...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: