About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, January 23, 2023

Munchie Monday: 3-2-1 Pancakes

 Last week while we were on vacation someone had a recipe posted on Facebook or YouTube or some other place that I saw for 3-2-1 Pancakes.  Because it looked pretty healthy I decided to make them when we got home.  ESPECIALLY since I had a bunch of five VERY ripe bananas.  We were so happy with the bananas because we found them at Piggly Wiggly. As my sister and I were going through the produce section we got to the bananas which I wanted to add to the cart.  There were a few bunches with plastic wrap all around them.  A sign nearby said, "Packaged Bananas Free To A Good Home".  That was definitely us so I picked up two packs.  We ate one immediately but then vacation was over.

So here is the recipe:

3 very ripe bananas
2 cups uncooked oatmeal (not instant)
1 cup plant milk

Mix all ingredients together and fry on a non-stick frying pan.

This was our breakfast on Saturday morning. 

Instead of mixing them in a bowl I put them into the blender and blended for 60 seconds.  I also added 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed for added nutrition.

Since I do not trust non-stick pans with pancake batter, I brushed a little bit of oil on the hot pan.  One thing I have learned about cooking pancakes: ALWAYS HEAT THE PAN FIRST before putting on the batter. If you don't you are pretty much assured of a nasty mess which puts you off the bother of making breakfast from scratch.

The report from the dining room table by Dear One after eating his pancakes:  they were pretty sturdy.  Not light and fluffy.  He had not trouble eating them with Vermont maple syrup on top however...!

This is the last pancake that I just barely was able to photograph before consumption.  I thought they were okay, too.  Not so great that I wanted to throw caution to the wind and fill my plate but certainly edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: