About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Nooch Disaster

 Starting right this moment I need to acknowledge that I am NOT a good housekeeper.  I need to change, repent, etc, immediately.

As a case in point a few weeks ago I got fed up with all the counter space in the kitchen being taken up with all kinds of good things.  I came to realize that my spirit needs empty space to thrive.  SO...I moved all the binders of recipes, exercises, healthy suggestions, etc out of the bookcase/cabinet in the dining room.  I then moved all the canning jars that held self-rising flour, dried beans, broccoli seeds for sprouting, and every other kind of good dry thing you can imagine that I had had around the edge of our counters against the wall since we moved here.  This only began the process of making empty spaces for my spirit to embrace and about which to sing.

This was a pretty good thing until the past weekend when I was looking to send some recipes to loved ones that I thought they would like.  In the meantime since I had placed the canning jars (half gallon, quart, pint, and half pint all on the same shelf...) I had printed out quite a few recipes that I wanted to try.  There was probably an inch deep pile of them.  They had been on the dining room table but I needed the table cleared for a paper-crafting project so I smartly shoved the recipes and other papers on top of the canning jar storage shelf.

Now to the actual story:  As I pulled out the glut of papers from the top of the jars, the quart jar of nooch (as nutritional yeast is fondly called by the whole food plant based eating crowd) fell to the floor.  The wonderful white sturdy Ball plastic widemouth top smashed as the nooch fell on the floor and spread widely around.  As a sadly normal state of affairs, I did not immediately clean up the mess.  I pulled out the recipe I wanted and put it in the mail and moved on to other things...forgetting all about the nooch disaster.  Yes, I did forget.  My mind had moved on to other things.

The next day or so I was sitting down for a meal at the table and noticed the nooch and also the broken plastic cover.  As I looked at the cover (after picking it up) I noticed it was a sort of half-moon shape.  Immediately I thought that would help me with the Gelli printing I have been working on. I am trying texture now as well as color.  I thought this would be a great texturizing implement.

Mind you, I still had not cleaned up the mess.

Late last night after coming home from a Council meeting I saw that nooch again, and even though I was so tired I just wanted to crawl into bed, maybe even with my shoes on, I went to the garage where the broom corn broom is stored. I prefer that broom.  The nasty icky plastic broom we have in the cleaning closet it not my thing at all!  Anyway, I swept it up. Put it in the waste basket and put away the broom and dust to their separate homes. Probably half a cup of nutritional yeast was wasted.  The jar had not smashed and there still is about half a jar left.

This morning as we were on our way to the temple at the crack of dawn I asked Dear One if he had noticed that I had cleaned up the nooch.  Nope.  Oh well.  A good job should be its own reward...!


NO!!  I was not playing in the mess. I was totally oblivious to it and as I moved my chair out from the table and back in under the table after a meal or two this lovely design was made.  I should have taken a picture of the empty floor but failed to do so.  You will just have to take my word for it that I did, finally, clean up a mess I had made. I did NOT ask Dear One to do it...I feel somewhat virtuous on THAT account...though on no other account of this whole deplorable situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: