About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Barbara Walker Afghan Project Squares 11-13, 61, 63

Miniature Mosiac, vertical


Square eleven is Miniature Mosaic.  Cast on 43 stitches.  You will notice I did not read the directions and thus started out with stocking stitch and not garter stitch.  Another error tolerated.

Harlequin.  Looks better vertically placed.


Square twelve is Harlequin and one of my favorites.  At least I love the way it looks.  Cast on 43 stitches.

Greek Cross


Square thirteen is Greek Cross, with 43 stitches cast on. 

At this point I rather wearied of the mosaic patterns and decided to go to the end of the book and start back. 
Parquet Squares

Square sixty-one looked like fun so I started there.  It is called Parquet Squares and you learn to pick up stitches along garter stitch ridges.  Fun.  Easy. Attractive block. I could knit a lot of these.  Cast on 21 stitches.


This last square having been restful, I decided to go to square sixty-three, the Increasing Seamless Square.  It is always a good idea to read the directions thoroughly before starting a new pattern!  Cast on 4 stitches.  You shift from double-pointed needles to a 16-inch circular needle, also a bit of a learning curve.
Increasing Seamless Square

Having completed square sixty-three, I decided to return to the mosaics and carry on from there in an orderly fashion.  We shall see how long that lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: