About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

Barbara Walker Learn To Knit Afghan Project, Squares 18 and 19

Square 18, called Hexagon Pattern, was a pretty easy square to knit.  You use a multiple of 8 stitches, plus 6.  For this one I cast on 38 stitches.
Square 18: Hexagon Pattern

You will notice that it has not been blocked, and not even had the ends woven in, but I had the camera and these two squares in the same place at the same time and thought it would be a good idea to take the photo NOW!

You will also notice that this square is a very curly block.  It will benefit greatly from blocking as well as being sewn into the afghan, which I am sure will finish the squaring-up process.

This next square is Square 19 and is called Instant Plaid.  It really is a rather instant pattern.  There was no trouble with the pattern, but it is really pretty important to read the pattern directions!  Have I said that before?  I forgot that every last stitch needs to be a knit stitch, and every beginning stitch also needs to be a knit stitch. Oh well...error-prone, but no problem for my spirit...

This pattern is another multiple of 8 stitches, plus six patterns and I cast on 46 stitches.

Square 19: Instant Plaid

Now on to the next!  Well, not just yet, actually. I just picked up some Noro Kureyon Sock yarn, which I hear they have discontinued, to knit up the Ravelry free pattern called Gaia Shoulder Hug by Anne Carroll Gilmour.  I have a dress that I really like but which has a wider neckline than my slip likes so I need something to wear to cover the white...!  Of course, I want it done now, but it will work out for whenever I get it done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: