About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Quick and easy Christmas 3-ingredient fudge

Recently some recipe bloggers sent me emails.  This is not always a good thing.  In this case it was okay because I was wondering how to use up some ingredients we had in the kitchen. (I think that is going to be the whole food emphasis for the next six months--how do I use up everything in the cupboards...).

In this case the recipe devil was about 3-Ingredient Fudge.  I thought I could kill two birds with one stone by making the fudge and giving it as gifts.  Score!



Peanut Butter 3-Ingredient Fudge

3 cups vanilla baking chips
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup peanut butter

Prepare a glass 8 by 8 baking pan by covering it with aluminum foil then lightly spray with vegetable spray.  Set aside.

According to the recipe, all ingredients go into a large microwave-safe bowl.  Stir a little then microwave on high for 1 minute.  Bring out and stir.  Return to microwave for 1 more minute.  Remove and stir.  Repeat this until all the ingredients are smooth.  In this case, I had to return the mixture to the microwave  until it had cooked 5 minutes.

Pour the melted and smooth sweetness into the prepared pan.  Smooth with an off-set spatula and let cool completely on the counter.  When completely cool. cut into pieces and enjoy.

Because this seemed successful, I tried the chocolate fudge.


Chocolate 3-Ingredient Fudge (I think I found this on Lauren's Latest blog)

3 cups semi-sweet baking chips
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
30 or so York's peppermint patties

In a glass baking dish--8 by 8 is what I used--place unwrapped peppermint patties to completely cover the bottom of the pan which you have covered with aluminum foil which you spray lightly with vegetable spray.  Cut some of the patties in half so you can get coverage all the way to the edges.

Put the milk and chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl in the microwave and heat on high for one minute.  Remove from oven and stir well.  Return to microwave for 1 more minute then remove and stir until smooth.  This only took the 2 minutes to be completely melted and smooth.

Pour the melted chocolate over the peppermint patties and smooth the top.  Let cool completely on the counter.  Cut into pieces and enjoy.

Because I was using up things, and had some 4-ounce Ball quilted jelly glasses, I used a cleaned tomato paste can with both ends cut out for a cutter.  The large round piece of fudge fit perfectly into the jelly jar!



If I should ever make the peanut butter fudge again, I will only put in the milk and chips in the bowl to microwave, then when they are melted, I will stir in the peanut butter and see how it goes.  It is my impression that 5 minutes in the microwave was too much, though even then, I could not get every smidgen of white chocolate melted and stirred smooth.  But...I am unlikely to make this candy again. All that sugar is a bad idea.  For just about everyone.  And besides--"real" peanut butter fudge is so much better in taste and texture, though this does work in a pinch.

Merry Christmas to all!  May your day be filled with love and light and may the new year bring you joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: