About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, December 3, 2018

Munchie Monday: Watery Goo--Good Stuff for Weight Loss Maybe

We have a new missionary couple in the mission office.  They are taking the place of our dear Elder and Sister J who depart for home this week after eighteen months of fabulous service.  We will miss the J's terribly but are so happy they will be home with their family soon.

New Sister C told me of her breakfast and it piqued my interest. I decided to try it myself, but thought I would use it for my supper/evening eating instead of in the morning since evening is the time I go crazy with snacking sometimes.

This is what she uses, with my own variation:

1 packet of Amazing Grass's Green Superfood powder
1 packet of Emergen-C
1 Tablespoon of flaxseed meal
1 capful of raw apple cider vinegar
A few unsalted almonds
16 ounces of water

Blend these up in a high-speed, or other, blender until completely smooth.  Drink up. 

She also puts in some walnuts and some aloe vera juice, but as I don't currently have them in the kitchen, did not add them.  Put the water in the blender jar first.


This makes a nice watery goo that is great for sipping.  There are several "beauties" to this.  The first is that it is easy to prepare and you just have to wash the blender jar and lid and your glass.  The second is that you can prepare it in advance and refrigerate for later consumption.  The third is that it does not taste half bad for something that has only good ingredients in it.  Even Dear One thought it was okay.  The disadvantage is that the handy little packets of the Green Superfood are going to be discontinued by Costco (as evidenced by the"7" as the last digit of the price....)sometime soon, and then we would have to purchase online for a much greater cost.

The picture shows the green watery goo that is almost gone.  My practice has been  to get home from the office, as quickly as possible make something for Dear One to eat, then blend up my drink, collapse in my knitting chair and sip this during the entire evening.  (Mostly evenings are spent like a slug in the chair...knitting or reading a Spanish language manual or watching a little television or listening to an audio book.) The one glitch is that this being mostly water, after some time it separates into a light sludge at the bottom of the glass, a layer of straight sort of dirty-ish water, and a final layer of floaty things. This is aesthetically unpleasing but with a quick shake goes back into a nice homogenized beverage.

It works for me, as far as food consumption in the evening.  Now we shall see if it really does assist in weight loss instead of weight gain over the winter...I have only just started.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: