About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, December 10, 2018

Munchie Monday: Souping Up Meals with Boxes

With the end of the mission coming (June 2019), and with moving to a different apartment, I have thought of doing things a little easier.  Thus this meal!

Dear One likes boxed macaroni and cheese for some reason.  Since we had two boxes I decided to make a meal that would cover us for two dinners with maybe lunch leftovers.

This is what I did:

2 boxes (7 ounces) Macaroni and Cheese Dinner mix
1 bag of Gardein Veggie Crumbles
Salted water for boiling
6 Tablespoons butter
1/2 half cup milk

1.  Start water boiling.  Add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to the water.
2.  Add the macaroni from the two boxes and cook until done to our preference.
3. Drain macaroni, but don't rinse it,  and put in a large bowl.
4.  In the meantime, while the pasta cooks,  put the Gardein Crumbles in a glass bowl with 1/3 cup water and cook on high in the microwave for 3 minutes.  Since it was not completely hot, I cooked another minute.
5.  Put 6 Tablespoons butter in the bowl of pasta along with 1/2 cup milk and the cheese packet. Stir well until butter is melted.
6.  Add the Crumbles, stir well, and serve.

We had this with French-cut green string beans, which are the only kind of green beans Dear One likes.

This was not a bad meal and it did make two dinners meals for each of us and one lunch for me since Dear One had had enough of it.

  If I can hold the line, I will not purchase much else for food while we are here. I want to use up (maybe in creative ways...!) all the food we have in our kitchen, though right now most of it is still in our old apartment.  Tonight I hope to pack up the rest of the cookware and move it either to our new apartment or to Goodwill bags.  Tomorrow I will be ready to move the canned goods, the remaining refrigerator and freezer food.  Once everything is in the new apartment I will decided what we keep and what we let go, and let it go sooner rather than later. I would love not to have a cluttered house any more. 

This is a whole new world for me!!!  Can I do it?!  I mean, can I really cut down to only the essentials?  Well, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: