About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Fake Skookie

For the departing dinner this Transfer I was asked to help the President's daughter make Skookies.  

Skookies?  What ta heck is a Skookie?  Since I did not know, first I went to Google.  Well, that was good, but how did it work?  So I went to YouTube and watched many videos on how to make them.

One of the people did not have a Skookie pan but used something she already had in her kitchen.  I wondered what I could use.  And found something!

Since I was not in the mood to make cookie dough, I thought I would try using the chocolate chip cookie rolls you can find in the refrigerator section at the grocery store.  It worked.

What I did:  

First I set the oven to preheat at 375 degrees F.

Next I lightly sprayed my pans with vegetable spray.

Finally I cut a piece of the cookie dough roll about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 inch thick and smushed it into the pan and put it in the oven to cook.


At 10 minutes I checked on it--not done.  Back in for 5 more minutes--still not done.  Back in for 3 more minutes, then considered it done.



After pulling the pan out, I let it cool for 5-10 minutes then put a scoop of ice cream on it and some chocolate syrup over that and fed it to Dear One.  It was too much treat for him so he put half of it in the freezer...then pulled it out the next day and finished it off!  I guess it was okay eating.  I ate mine and suffered the misery of the damned, at least in my head, for eating that much sugar.  It was way over the edge sweet-wise (and my glucometer reminded me the next morning).  I am sorry I still have in my head that I have to finish what is on my plate...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: