About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Spatter Paint Cards with Additions!

Since I am participating in a drawing class by Lindsay Weirich over the internet I have decided I am brave enough to do some actual drawing.  And show it publicly.  The idea is that if I learn to draw decently then I will paint better.  This is my hope.

Since I have next to no shame, I am showing what I have come up with so far on this card project.

The first picture is my practice run.


Yes, I know they look like first grader art, but I am brave and giving it a try.

Here are the card fronts.


It is obvious that the trial train was better than the card train but I have not learned the art of erasing so as to leave something good behind so I will just send it anyway.



The tree kind of tickles me.  It is supposed to be a sort of gnarly old tree in the winter time since it actually IS winter. And the recipient is moving in the second half of life this year.  One could pretend that the spatter was a snowstorm with flakes tumbling down.

The card front in the background is a sled hockey player, in case you cannot tell.  This particular sled hockey athlete scored one or more points in a recent tournament!!  So happy for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: