About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Easy Homemade Bloody Mary Mix, No Alcohol Needed!

Whenever I have the opportunity to fly somewhere and the cabin attendant offers a beverage, I always choose Mr. and Mrs. T's Bloody Mary Mix.  It is slightly healthy, is savory, and over ice really hits the spot, especially if I have a savory snack also, which lately I have not.

Last week I went to the local farmers' market.  I was looking for a big armful of collard greens but was instructed that it is way too early for them. In fact,  it is just this week when they will be planted.  To be good they have to have a solid frost and then comes the harvest.  Well, I was so grateful to learn that little tidbit that I bought two baskets of tomatoes from Milton who had enlightened me.  One basket was sweet cherry tomatoes.  The other basket had four large "pineapple" tomatoes.  At that stand you dump the basket into your bag and take them home that way.  Interesting.

Now we had lots of tomatoes.  Dear One does not enjoy raw tomatoes.  I have a raw tomato allergy.  But only if I eat too many.  Well, we had too many...so my skin is going to be screaming at me soon.

Anyway, my favorite people had a recipe to use up a solid pound of tomatoes which I tried.  It is pretty good.


Ingredients you need:

Tomatoes
Olive juice
Worcestershire sauce
Tomato paste
Lemon with peel
Lime without peel
Horseradish
Thai peppers (I did not have that so I added 1/2 teaspoon black pepper)
Celery salt
  • As you can see, I stored the bloody mary mix in my memorial glass milk bottle from the Strafford Creamery which is the next  town over from our former home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: