About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, September 9, 2019

Munchie Monday: (No Sugar Added) Banana Bread Cookies

Since Dear One has a sweet tooth, I am always on the lookout for sweet treats for him that won't kill him.  This one is not too bad.

There is a YouTube channel by Garbanzo Girl.  She has quite a lot of pretty good information and recipes.  At least to me.  This is one of them.

Banana Bread Cookies (16 cookies) . (This is where you can watch her make these cookies. Her recipe is here with my changes inserted.)
2 ripe bananas ½ cup peanut butter 2 tbsp maple syrup 2 cups quick oats 1 tbsp chia seeds--since I left my chia seeds in Oregon, I used ground flaxseed meal here. 1 tsp cinnamon ½ tsp salt dash nutmeg--since I did not have any nutmeg I put in 1/4 teaspoon or so of ground allspice. ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips--since I really like chocolate chips, I put in a little more than 1/2 cup of mini dark chocolate chips DIRECTIONS 1. Preheat over to 350 Farenheit. 2. Peel and mash your bananas in a large bowl. 3. Add peanut butter and maple syrup. Mix well. 4. Add dry ingredient directly to wet ingredients: oats, chia seeds, spices. Mix well. 5. Fold in chocolate chips. 6. Form dough into 2 tbsp balls. Flatten each ball with your hand. 7. Bake for 15 minutes. Wait 15 minutes for cookies to cool.


These cookies came out nice and soft and certainly sweet enough for Dear One to eat several of them. We made them for the Emergency Preparedness Fair that was at the church over the weekend but SO MANY kind people brought cookies and bars and doughnuts that they were still giving them out after church on Sunday...SO I brought the cookies home to eat here. The neighbor's lawn people came by to mow today. It crossed my mind to put a big container of cookies on their front seat to get them out of our house, but they were faster than I was and drove off before I could do that. Oh well.


This is what ours looked like. If the Garbanzo Girl told us why she named them Banana Bread Cookies, I missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: