About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Look What Came In The Mail!

 One of my favorite things is to hear the doorbell ring.  I wish it would ring because people come to visit, but this is not the time for that to happen.  Instead, when the doorbell rings, it is a carrier dropping a parcel of some kind on our front step.  In the past week we have had two unexpected calls to the door.


The plant on the left arrived first.  It is in a beautiful ceramic pot and, while I cannot report its name because I have forgotten, I do remember that Dear One looked it up and said it can grow to seven feet tall!  I like that idea.  The possibility that it will do this makes me smile.  The probability that I will kill it within the year makes me sad. I hope not to do that!

The cheese cutter on the right really makes me smile, too.  There was no note in the box to tell me who sent it, but I suspect my sister.  She is so wonderful in every way.  I think we may have been slicing cheese when we were at her house and I mentioned that I could not find the cheese slicer we had had while we were in Vermont.  For all I know I left it there on purpose since at that time we were off dairy.  Well, SOME of us were off dairy.  No, we were both off dairy at that time, but that has sort of gone by the board for some of us. (I wish we could actually see inside our bodies the results of not eating dairy and then the results of going back on dairy.  It might make it easier to stick to this resolution.)

Anyway, you can probably see that the cheese slicer was put to IMMEDIATE use!!!  And continues to be uses regularly.  If the giver was not my sister, many thanks.  Even if it was my sister, I am so grateful. It works perfectly and makes me smile at your thoughtfulness.  Makes me want to go and do likewise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: