About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

The Christmas Knitting Project: 2020. Now Completed and Shipped!

 Late last week I went to the post office with two bags of boxed Christmas knitting.  It made me smile all day to have completed them and put them in the mail. I know at least three recipients have received their boxes.  This makes me happy.

So this is the big reveal!  We had gnomes for Christmas again this year.  These gnomes were very different.  This is the first gnome ornament I made for the grandchildren:


My thought was that it was very cute.  However the arms seemed rather weird to have on a Christmas tree ornament so I removed these arms (took a bit, too, since I had REALLY attached them well!) and did not knit any more arms.  UNTIL...the family gnomes!


May I say I am so sorry to be such a poor photographer?  You don't get a very good view of them.  (As I wrote this last I was thinking about what makes my pictures so poorly set up.  I decided on the instant that it is the fat.  It is hard to squat down or throw myself on the floor for a better angle.  BUT this is changing!  I was able to cut my toenails last week, something that I had hired out for some months.  It really makes me happy to report that eating whole plants and next to no fat is having a very salubrious effect on my body and my spirit!)



This is a rocking chair full of the Christmas gnome ornaments ready to pack up and send.

Each gnome was different and was colored at the request of the grandchild who told me their two favorite colors.

This project is now complete.  On to the next!  (and there is quite a queue of "nexts"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: