About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Fall Decor

 A couple of weeks ago, after one of his daily walks around the neighborhood after viewing all the decorations in yards and on houses, Dear One asked me if I was going to decorate our house for fall.  You could have knocked me over with a feather...an almost impossible act!  I thought to myself, "Have I EVER decorated for fall?  Or anything else except the mitten garland on the fireplace at Christmas?"

So I thought about it for a while.  One day when I was at Hobby Lobby to get some rings to make Dorset buttons for our daughter's sweater I walked around the store a little bit.  There are some UNBELIEVABLE decorations available!!!  I could not believe my eyes.  Not being a fan of Halloween, I looked for generic fall things.

Many things were gigantically expensive.  Many also were so gaudy as to turn the stomach. Or they had spiders on them.  I will NEVER encourage spiders of any kind...

Amazingly I found a door decoration that I liked. Besides being like-able, it also was fifty percent off price! Bonus!


This is it hanging on the door.  You will notice I had to purchase a wreath holder to get it to hang reasonably.  

Now I am thinking about how to make that into a Christmas decoration! We really do not have much storage space so I don't want to get into the habit of buying, or preferably making, things for decoration purposes. (Yes, our house is very boring...but does not bother me one fig.)  Well...not much storage space that does not already have plenty of other things using it...!

1 comment:

  1. Spray paint the leaves green. Add some pine cones and replace the raffia with holiday colored bow. Done and done.
    I am with you on this Pattie; simple and changeable. 😀

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here: