About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Funny Thing About Halloween Candy

 Dear One is the mastermind of the Halloween candy for Trick-or-Treaters at our house. I am very grateful as it keeps candy out of my hands, and often, out of my mouth!

We purchased this year's candy while on our vacation in Myrtle Beach.  When we came home it was set in the beautiful wooden rocking chair that we bought last year for the porch but turned out to be too large for our little porch. Sad. On Monday we were able to pass along (with only a little wrenching of the heart...) that chair to someone who could use it. In process of moving the candy out of the chair for the sale of the chair, I noticed something interesting!



Can you see it?!  The bag that holds several types of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups appeared to have a small slash in the top!  SOMEONE (and it was not me...!) had been into the candy!  This makes me smile.  I am sure he enjoyed every piece he ate.  There is still plenty in the bag so he probably only ate a few pieces.  Well, he bought them, so why not enjoy a few,

After seeing that bag was opened, for some inexplicable reason, my fingers found their way into the bag. I pulled out a Frankenstein cup.  I had never heard of such a thing.  It turns out the bottom of the cup is green.  Funny.

1 comment:

  1. Green? I hope it was better than it sounds.
    That is the trouble with Halloween candy. If it is just sitting around doing nothing... well, that needs to be fixed!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here: