About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, October 29, 2021

Instant Pot Quick and Easy Lentil Meal

 Last night I was watching Brittany Jaroudi present at the American Health Association Conference in Cleveland, Ohio.  She spoke about her health journey.  She also prepared four recipes in less than an hour.  The first one was this lentil meal.

In the Instant Pot place:

1/2 cup green or brown lentils
1/2 cup chopped red onions
3/4 cup grain--she used bulgar wheat; we used long grain brown rice
1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 cup hummus put on top--NOT STIRRED IN

With the ingredients in the Pot, turn on HIGH for 6 minutes then let reduce pressure naturally.  Because I used long grain brown rice, I cooked for 10 minutes on HIGH.  It cooled down for about 23 minutes.



It may not look appealing, but it is very healthy!  Keep that firmly in mind...!  Dear One was not a fan.  He got out the Tajin and sprinkled some on top.  Brittany says to "tweek it" for your family.  I think it could have used some garlic.  Also a slug of salt, but I have read so many articles lately swearing that salt is bad for our health that I am trying to go without.  At least today!

One of the best things about this recipe, as it was made by me, was that it did not make meals and meals worth.  We can each have one small bowl tomorrow.  Then I will make some other healthy meal. Not sure I am thrilled about cooking anymore but I am certainly thrilled about living so I guess I will continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: