About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Pumpkin Treats and Paper-Crafting!

 We are having a Relief Society activity.  All of us are invited to bring a pumpkin-themed treat to share.  Since I did plenty of "sharing" food last week on vacation it occurred to me that it would be a grand idea NOT to make a pumpkin roll.  Nor a pumpkin cheesecake.  Nor any other real food item that might not get consumed and which would then have to be returned home.  For me to eat.

In the past I have made many different boxes.  I thought a tiny box with a couple of treats in it would be ideal for this activity.  Since we had two different shades of orange card stock, I settled on this project.

This shows the paper cut out and ready to put together.  Plus a LOT of boxes already put together.  The starting size of paper for the boxes was 6.375 by 4.875 inches.  Both sides are scored at 1.5, 3.0, 4.5, and 6.0 on the long side and 1.5, 3.0, and 4.5 on the short side.  You can see where to cut.  More or less.  If I can find the original video which shared this project I will link to it. (You can see I did not do this exactly as Ann did.)



These boxes have been glued and the "stems" have been put on two of them.   The pom poms are 1.375" inches in size.  It takes about three minutes to make each one of the little pom poms.

Here is the storage box filled with completed pumpkin treats.  I think they are just adorable. 

AND I think I can walk away from the treats inside.  I say this as I look in the waste basket beside me and see four empty wrappers for which I know I must take responsibility...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: